State Legislators, in conjunction with the abortion lobby, released two extreme bills designed to “normalize” abortion in Illinois
- Repeals the Illinois Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act! Yes, Repeals 100%!
- Allows abortion up to the moment of birth, for any reason, or no reason.
- Declares that the unborn child has no rights under the law.
- Eliminates any restrictions on where abortions may be performed.
- Allows self-abortions.
- Requires private insurance plans to cover abortions at no charge to the patient! None! Not even a co-pay! No exception for churches, religious non-profits, or pro-life small businesses. Plus, No exception for self-insured plans and no exemptions based on any rights of conscience. None!
- Repeals the Abortion Performance Refusal Act, which removes protection for nurses, doctors, and hospitals against professional repercussions for refusing to participate in abortions. Even faith-based hospitals aren’t protected.
- Lifts the ban on sale of an experimentation on a fetus and the requirements to obtain consent of a pregnant woman before experimenting on the organ and tissue of her aborted baby.
- The legislation paves the way for public funding of abortion to the moment of birth, even for elective abortions.
- Removes the requirement that a medical doctor must do the abortion, or even be present. It allows anyone supervised by someone permitted by law to administer healthcare, within the scope of training and practice!!
- Removes all existing licensing requirements and standards for abortion clinics, including late-term abortion clinics. So much for “Safe.”
- Removes coroner powers with respect to maternal or fetal death due to abortion.
- Removes ‘abortion’ from fetal death statute.
- Removes penalties for performing an abortion on a woman who is not pregnant.
- Prohibits legal action against mother of an unborn child for drug use during pregnancy.
- Removes the statute requiring physician’s prescription before getting the abortion pills.
- Strips the unborn child of any independent rights under the law.
- Eliminates requirements to report annual abortion numbers to the public; in other words no one will know how many abortions are performed or how many out-of-state minors have traveled for their abortion in Illinois.
So, get this: A 15 year old girl needs parental permission to get an aspirin at school, get an ear pierced, see an R rated movie, and get a tattoo….but that same girl can walk into any abortion clinic and end the life of her baby………… without a parent even required to know!
In a nutshell, if this bill passes, the government will take nearly all power away from parents and hand it to:
- coercive boyfriends
- sex traffickers